I have always wanted to go to Texas Tulips, unfortunately, in years past I haven’t been able to make it. Last year I got back from AIT (military) right after they closed. So this year I finally got to go!
Texas Tulips is a place located in Pilot Point, Texas where you can go to take pictures of fields of tulips and pick your own.
How Much Does It Cost?
Texas Tulips can get a little pricey since the moment you get there you have an entrance fee.
- Entrance fee: $3 per person
- Children 12 months and under: Free entrance
- Senior citizens: Admission and picking 3 tulips for $7.50 per person. Monday – Friday.
- Veterans: Admission and picking 3 tulips for $7.50 per person.
- Educational field trip for schools, homeschool groups, and Girl Scout Troops: $6.00/person (including 3 tulips picked by their own). Chaperones/teachers normal entrance fee. Monday through Friday 9 am to 3 pm on school days.
- Free parking
- Concessions available
You then have to pay for any tulips you pick.
- $2.50 per stem (tulip flowers will be wrapped in pretty paper and stems will be put in flower gel)
- Picking baskets available on the field
When Should You Go?
Texas Tulips opens up at the end of February and is open through the beginning of April. The only problem with that is they are open seven days a week. So people are always picking the tulips. We went on March 3rd and they were already picked over. You want to make sure that you are going during a part of the season where they have plenty of tulips to pick.
Texas Tulips is a great place to take pictures with your loved ones as well as practice your photography.
What color tulip is your favorite?