Going to the gym can get boring and old when you aren’t seeing the results that you want to. You can easily get discouraged. Here are 3 easy to implement tricks that will help you see better and faster workout results.
Add Variety to Your Workouts
One of the best ways to improve workouts is to include variety in your exercise sessions. When sticking to the same workout routines your body will start adjusting to the regular stress level and bring exercise benefits to a screeching halt. Mixing things up, however, continuously challenges the body thereby ensuring consistent all-rounded results.
When it comes to keeping workouts varied, there are plenty of options:
- High-Intensity Interval Training
- Cardio Exercise followed with Strength Training
- Alternate Upper Body with Lower Body workouts
Change up your routines every few weeks. The trick is to ensure that your workout plan incorporates everything from cardio, to muscle strengthening, to stretching, to flexibility training, to balance exercises. You also want to make sure that you are spreading out your workouts. Avoid doing every muscle every day.
Aim for Failure with Reps
I learned about muscle failure during basic training with the Army. You don’t even have to go to the gym, heck, you can do muscle failure in your living room. What it consists of is multiple repetitions of exercises. What you want to do is start at ten and do your selected exercises and keep repeating them until you reach one. To top it up, exercising to failure also helps keep the workout intensity well within your body’s limits, thereby reducing the risk of injury.
While working out is a huge factor in your health, eating right is just as important. You want to make sure that you are putting the right food in your body to avoid jeopardizing your fitness. Timing your meals is a key factor when you are planning out your day.
In addition to the commonly practiced habits of following a low-fat diet to lose more weight, combining weightlifting workouts with a protein-rich diet to build muscles, and taking in fewer calories than you burn, it is also important that you:
- Avoid eating before workouts. No matter if you exercise at the beginning or end of the day, it is essential that you push back your breakfast or dinner to after the workout session. This is because working out increases levels of the fat burning hormone adrenalin, allowing for better weight loss results. Eating before a workout, however, sees the insulin produced to help with digestion and consequently, you burn less fat.
- Make sure to add protein to your body after a workout. Protein bars, shakes, or a simple protein-rich meal after a workout offers great benefits. Protein increases muscle building, helps to reduce muscle soreness by healing the micro tears that occurred during intense workouts, and cuts recovery time. All these benefits work towards boosting workout performance and results.
If you are serious about fitness make it a point to schedule your day around the gym, the least you could do is to make sure that all the effort you put in towards improving your fitness does not go to waste. With these tips, you will be able to make the best out of your workout time.